Welcome to our website !

Old Hollywood Makeup

By Monday, August 24, 2015 , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Hello Everyone!

A few weeks ago my friends and I spent the weekend together on a Harry Potter inspired getaway. We went to an amusement park and later our friend's house where we played games based on the books and movies. We were sorted into houses, "conjured" Patronuses, and collected Horcruxes every time we won a game. I was sorted into Slytherin~ very happy to say that my team was the overall champion! We all had a lot, lot, lot of fun and towards the end of the event, we had a Yule Ball photoshoot (even though it was technically still summer haha).

(photo: A. Aquino post-processing: T. Rosario)

We made the decision to make sure that Slytherin streamlined and we had a unified look. The end result was very "Old Hollywood" with the warm defined smokey eye and red lips.


For my base, I did my usual routine with the Bourjois 10-hour Sleep Effect Foundation in #72 and the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone on my cheekbones and down the bridge of my nose. I also used my new Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in 15 Fair under my eyes and mixed in with my foundation to cover blemishes. On my cheeks, I used my YSL Blush Variation in 3 Camel


On the day itself, I had Danie of That Nugu, do my brows, but here I used the Majolica Majorca Lash & Brow Colorist in BR555 Maroon Brown. On my eyes, I started with the Maybelline 24hr Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze all over the lid and layered on more in the outer V. I deepened that with Erotica, a cool-toned dark glittery brown from the Too Faced Natural Eyes Palette. I took the warm gold Honey Pot shade onto the center of my eye. I blended everything in with Cocoa Puff, which is a warm glittery chocolate brown. Everything applied with fingers and blended with my BYS Synthetic Domed Shadow Brush.


 Then I went in with the Nichido/Precise Eye Pencil in Black Ebony in light dots and small strokes right on the lashline for subtle definition. I used the NYX Retractable Eyeliner in #08 Silky Cashmere on my lower waterline and on the inner part of my lower lashline (not on the tear duct!) I put a line of the Jessica Automatic Lip & Eye Liner Pencil in #22 Metallic Brown winged out slightly parallel to the lashes to elongate the eye. To further elongate the eye, I used my Eyeko Alexa Chung Lengthen & Strengthen Mascara, combing them up and out toward the sides and on the lower lashes. I also used some Andrea Individual Falsies right on the outer lashes. 


Finally on the lips, I prepped with Fresh Sugar Treatment in Rosé. On the day itself, I used Pauline's Nars Satin Lip Pencil in Mandore. To re-create that, first I stained my lips with L'Occitane Lipstick in #0141 Améthyste, then I mixed my Covergirl Queen Collection Lipstick in #Q415 Tawny Port and the VDL Expert Lip Color Lip Cube EX in #502 Hello Stranger.

(photo: A. Aquino)

Pauline (in blue & white) wanted to do a dark red lip (she's also done a post about this look here), Bella (in white) wanted a brown-toned smokey eye, and I wanted to use bronze-gold shades. We even put some bronze and brown shadows on Niño (in blue), which gave a nice sheen and some definition. I'm really happy with how everything came together and we all looked pretty damn good :)) The decision to have similar elements really paid off.

On this shoot, I also got to do makeup for five of my friends and they were all quite happy with how they turned out (especially my friend Marty who tried contouring for the first time XD) This has gotten me really excited for future photoshoots and I hope I get to do another one soon~
P.S. #SlytherWIN




You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. You got the lip colour right 8D So pretty as always! #slytherWIN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. will you believe I did it from memory XD I kept forgetting to ask you for the shade name

      Delete