Welcome to our website !

New Arrivals: New York Mini Haul

By Wednesday, August 19, 2015 , , , , , , , , , , ,


Hi everyone,

I was in New York for a few days last month with my mom. We did a fair bit of everything: eating, touring, and of course shopping. I posted a few shots on my instagram if you want to check those out. We stayed in downtown Brooklyn near Brooklyn Heights which is an incredibly homey and pretty place to walk around. There were lots of places to eat and all the shops were close by. I popped into Target and Sephora to nab a few beauty items while I was there.

The first two I picked up were from Maybelline. I got the Fit Me Concealer in 15 Fair (I really should have gotten Sand though) and the 24Hr Color Tattoo in 25 Bad to the Bronze. The concealer gives fairly good coverage, but it can get a little cakey so I thin it out with my Laneige Water Bank Essence. I am loving how buildable and blendable the Color Tattoo is. The color is a cooler tone than it looks in the jar (it's a glittery taupe). I've been using this a lot since I got it.

When I went to Sephora and I picked up 0.30 oz version of the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer, which every beauty guru I follow has raved about for ages. Saving this for a special occasion or when curiosity finally gets the better of me. I repurchased the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone. I also picked up the Go and Glow set from Ren which comes with the Flash Rinse 1 Minute Facial and the Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal. I've been telling myself "today is the day to try this" for about a week now and I keep putting it off thinking I need to save it. I will check back when I finally give it a go.

The last item, also from Sephora, was a gift from my cousin, Kim from her trip to Singapore. It's the Fresh Sugar Rosé Lip Treatment. I brought this with me to try out on the trip and it is absolutely lovely. I know a lot of people aren't very fond of rose scents and products, but I find them classically feminine and soothing. This balm melts onto my lips and leaves the subtlest tint. It feels very nourishing and I really enjoy using it.

Hope you're all doing well!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Can't wait to hear what you think about the Hourglass Primer and the Ren products! Lets go to NY someday *u*

    ReplyDelete