Welcome to our website !

New Arrivals: New Year, New Things

By Wednesday, December 31, 2014 , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

I was not sure if I wanted to do a year end favorites post and ultimately I decided against it. It takes me a while to update my favorites, which is why I cannot do them monthly. Also, I thought it would feel like a giant rehash. As much as I love the Too Faced Natural Eyes Palette, I don't think there is anything new I can say about it that you will not have already gleaned from the 7346832 times I have mentioned it haha. Instead, I thought it would be nice to showcase some newer items (some new-new and some newly reacquired,) which would make it perfect for the (wait for it...) new year!

This is a haul post of all the makeup and skincare products I have amassed from my birthday and from Christmas (err Boxing Day sales.) It is big-ish considering I haven't gotten my hands on so many new products that were just for me since I went wild in Seoul back in 2012. For reference, everything with a black background was a birthday present or purchased in November and everything with the linen blanket background was a Christmas present or purchased in December.


I have used the Bourjois 10 Hour Sleep Effect Foundation in shade 72 everyday since I bought it. I have never been one to use foundation, but this was irresistible. It's light and very fluid. It also provides light to medium coverage. I fully expected this to be sheer, but I don't even need concealer after I put on another layer or two on dark circles. The finish is a bit dewy (not semi-matte like it says on the bottle.) 

Another product I've been using a lot is the Murad Essential-C Toner. I've bought a full sized one because I've loved the hell out of the sample (and now I can refill it for travel!) It is pricey, but given the pollution I've been exposed to and will continue to be exposed to, I feel like my skin could use something good that fights free radicals and "damage due to environmental exposure."


Repurchased the legendary Nature Republic Soothing & Moisture Aloe Vera 92% Soothing Gel recently as my first tub is almost empty. I'm not a fan of this for using on my face, but I really love using it on my elbows, knees, and on my heels (it took me a few minutes to remember the word for it haha in Tagalog it's called the sakong.

Danie of That ëˆ„구  gave me the Innisfree No-Sebum Mineral Powder on my birthday because I'd been complaining that my skin was getting oilier. I haven't used it yet, but I'm definitely looking forward to testing out it's claims. My biggest concern right now though is that it's a loose powder and may make bringing it around difficult.


This Etude House My Lash Serum is also from Danie. She remembered that I was a big fan of the Dr. Lash Serum from Etude a few years back because it did a great job of elongating my lashes. This isn't a lengthening serum, but I hope it helps strengthen my eyelashes now that I use mascara on a near-daily basis.

Picked up this Keihl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate because Pauline of Catpacking made it too irresistible (and yes, we do mention each other in almost every post). She made me swatch it after we went out for tea and I quite liked it. I swatched it again with my mom and she liked it too. Evidently, if I don't end up sharing this with my mother, she will find a way to borrow it permanently.



Also Pauline's fault is this Nature Republic Snail Solution Eye Cream that she recommended recently. Right off the bat I think I'm going to like it because it is not in a tub and will make using it that much more hygienic. 

Reacquired this C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Shine in Ultra No. 1122 as a gift. It is a makeup bag staple for me and I've said as much in a past favorites post. I was at such a loss without it when I left it at a friend's house. I am happy that I have another one in stock for when I inevitably run out or lose mine. Super moisturizing and the mint in it works wonders on my dry, flakey lips.



I mentioned the Laneige Water Bank Essence in my 2014 Wishlist and I managed to get my hands on it while I was in Hong Kong last November. In an interesting twist, my cousin saw my wishlist and for Christmas she got me the Water Bank Essence _EX, which is the newer formulation. I'm not sure as to whether or not there is a major difference, but at least I have another bottle for when I use one of them up.



Believe it or not this cute teardrop-shaped thing is a mirror that is thinner than a coin. A friend of mine got it for me in Seoul and I love how it takes up virtually no space. Definitely going in my wallet for those times I leave my makeup bag at home. 

I finally picked up a new red eyeliner. I figured having a blog named The Red Eyeliner, that I should have a good one. I used to use one of the Etude House 10 Proof ones, but mine was such a disappointment because they gave me old stock that was watery and had lumps. I've had my eyes on this Clio Gelpresso Waterproof Pencil Gel Liner in #15 Bloody Devil since it was launched a year or two ago AND NOW I HAVE IT! Definitely going to use this at the next party I attend.


My mom surprised me with this Happy Skin Brush 'Em Off Girl set and I was eccstatic. I'd first seen this with my friend Sonya from OfAllSeasons and her sister, Flo, talked about the brand at length on her blog as well. They are incredibly soft and look gorgeous. I am also a very big fan of the big beautiful makeup bag they came in. Everything fits in there and it was really useful on my last trip.

I had to buy another BYS Synthetic Domed Shadow Brush because one blending brush is never enough! I still really love this brush and it is my go-to eye makeup brush because of how small it is and therefore perfect for my tiny asian eye socket.


Lastly the pièces de résistance of this haul! Both were gifts from my aunt and they are arguably some of the most glamorous things I own.

This is a teeny weenie mini of Chloé au de Parfum Chloé. Chloé is a perfume my mom owns and I always sneak a spritz or two right before going to a job interview. The scent is quite floral (Peony, Freesia, and Litchi being the top notes) and is very feminine, but not in a saccharine, Barbie-girl way. It is a very elegant scent and altogether very lady-like. Really glad I have my own (albeit small) sample of it so my mom won't worry about me using all of hers up.

My mom and her sisters are big fans of the Dior Addict Lipglosses and now I have my own in the shade #533 Princess. It comes out quite sheer and shimmery. The texture is a bit sticky, but it's not too bad. You only really need a small amount of this in the center of your lips. It's also moisturizing without making the flakey bits of my lips come off in chunks.

Looking forward to using all of these products, learning more about them, and of course blogging about them. Take a good look at these babies, because there is a big chance that they will make comebacks on this blog as the year progresses. Of course thanks are in order to all the friends and family that gifted me with one of these items or influenced the decision to purchase them. I feel incredibly lucky to have such lovely people around me who support my obsession with makeup and skincare (perhaps begrudgingly sometimes haha). I'm also very grateful on the whole just to have such fantastic people in my life. Thank you so much for being part of this year and I hope your holidays went well and that the new year brings only wonderful things for you.




You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Yay big haul! ouo Where do I start commenting on all the pretty things tbh XD The Dior lipgloss is the prettiest colour and I want to try that Chloe perfume too (because pretty packaging). Tell me how you like the eye cream and concentrate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You NEED to smell the Chloe * U * And yes, I will talk to you about the eye cream and midnight recovery once I've given them the full try~ So far I'm really liking the packaging of both

      Delete