Welcome to our website !

November 2014 Favorites

By Sunday, December 07, 2014 , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

November has always been a special month for me and this time around I felt like so many good things happened and that the whole month was somehow a giant birthday present :)) Aside from that though, November has also been a very busy month and the things in this post really helped brighten my day with how pretty they were or made sure I looked my best when I had interviews or had nights out.

Fairydrops Platinum Mascara Film Type


This mascara is amazing! It's a non waterproof mascara that can hold a curl, lengthen, and define your lashes. Best of all, it is easy to remove at the end of the day. I did a review of this along with another great Fairydrops mascara last month and you can check that out here.

Vichy Capital Soleil SPF50 Tinted Cream


I've been doing a LOT of commuting as of late and I really needed something to protect my skin. I got this a few months ago on a trip to Singapore and I just recently started using it again. It's a tinted sunblock that really does the job. The formula is very moisturizing and the finish is quite dewy. Definitely not a product for everyday use, but really good to have for those days when I'll be in the sun for long periods of time.

L'Occitane Lipstick in #0141 Améthyste


I might have jumped on the dark berry lip trend for a few weeks last month. I know that it looks terribly unnatural, but the color is so pretty and it looks very classy when applied properly. It's great for evenings and really transforms a look. This lipstick is very well pigmented when applied as a full lip color, but is also nice as just a stain. Sadly, this lipstick has been discontinued, but Nars Audacious Lipstick in the shade Liv is pretty close.

Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector


This is the highlighter of my dreams. The effect is very natural beacause unlike a lot of other highlighters, it isn't just glitter. It's very blendable and fairly easy to manipulate. I will say however, that I'm not so keen on the packaging because it is difficult to control how much product comes out. You only really need the tiniest amounts of this. The light reflecting properties also make it great for mixing in with a foundation or concealer for covering under-eye circles.

Murad Essential C Toner


Before this, I was using the Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore Toner and my skin didn't respond very well to it as it aggravated existing pimples and made my skin look a bit dull. I started reaching for this one because I thought the vitamin C would be good for disinfecting the skin and to brighten my complexion to counteract the effects of the Innisfree one. It makes me sad that the full-sized one is pretty expensive so I will have to find a more affordable alternative when mine runs out.

Jessica Automatic Lip & Eye Liner Pencil in #18 Dewberry


I'm a big fan of products with multiple uses and this pencil not only looks great as a colored eyeliner, it also is a very good lip pencil match for my L'Occitane dark lippy. It's quite long-lasting on both eyes and lips. It is difficult to even out the color on the lids if you apply more than one layer, but that isn't too noticeable. I also love that it's a twist-up pencil because I never have the patience to remove the bits that get stuck in the blades and crannies of sharpeners after sharpening.

OGX Kukui Oil Conditioner


Not a makeup or skin care product, but I just couldn't leave this out of this post. OGX (formerly Organix) is a haircare brand that focusses on enhancing the great things about your hair. It comes in an amazing range that tackles hair concerns like dryness, breakage, and a bunch more. All the women in my family love this and we each have our favorite bottle. Mine has to be the Kukui oil line, which fights frizzing due to humidity. A definite must if you have curly hair and live in a hot and humid country like mine. My hair always looks amazing when I use this. I also like mixing this with the Moroccan Argan Oil or the Brazillian Keratin Hair therapy conditioners for extra shine and softness.

Rather than being makeup bag staples, the products in this post were things I picked up for when I needed surefire results. These things performed consistently well throughout the month and any other time I've used them so they're great reliable products.

I'm incredibly thankful for all the lovely things that have happened in the past month and as the year closes, I am really excited (and also anxious) about what lies in store. I hope you've had a great month as well and enjoy the rest of the year.










You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I really want to try that line of hair products from OGX. ouo And we should go out and wear our dark lipsticks soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go! They're available in SM Dept. store and Watsons :D And we definitely should!

      Delete