Welcome to our website !

Pink, Champagne, and Champagne Pink Eyeshadows

By Thursday, December 25, 2014 , , , , , , , ,



I was going to post a comparison of Clinique Moisture Surge and Moisture Surge Intense, but it's Christmas Eve, and damnit I want to write about eyeshadow. This is Pauline's fault, because all makeup and blogging related stuff is Pauline's fault. 

So this post is a little (read: massive) love letter to the pinks and the champagnes, and the shades in between. It also doubles as a Christmas Eve post as I will be using a bunch of these later when I get ready to go out to church and dinner. Might post a selca later if all goes well (never" selfie", because I've been taking selcas before "selfie" was even a word).


The Unidentified Dior 5 Couleours Palette



Forgive me for not knowing the name for this, but this is one of those things I inherited from my mother and this was the condition it was in when she gave it to me. Name or no name, it's one of my favorite palettes because of how gorgeous the punch pink shade on the lower left and the pink-gold beige on the lower right. Great texture and super pretty together. The shade on the top left was my mom's favorite shade (notice how she hit pan?) It's a bronze-toned rose gold that is a good crease shade. The pastel pink in the middle is pretty too, but not something I use a lot.


Too Faced Natural Eye Neutral Eye Shadow Collection



How many times have I talked about this palette? It's a definite favorite and I will probably never get enough of it. Silk Teddy is a b-e-a-utiful shimmery baby pink and it's my go-to eyeshadow, because it's great in the day and at night you only need to thicken your eyeliner and slap on a bit of Push-Up, which is a darker and more shimmery pink. Nude Beach is quite similar to Silk Teddy, except it has a ton of larger glitters in it. Great for a night out, not so much for the day because you see all the glitter falling out on the tops of your cheeks.


(Top to Bottom - Silk Teddy, Nude Beach, Push-Up)

Bourjois Effet Lumiere Trio D'Ombres Ã  Paupiérs in #48 Prune Royale 


I've had this palette forever and I love using it all together. I use the lightest shade as a base, the middle one on the crease, and the darkest shade on the outer V. The color pay-off isn't as great as it once was, but it's great when I want a subtler look and am afraid that I might apply it heavy handed. They all have a very light shimmer and are a bit more on the burgundy-pruney pink side.



The Face Shop Baked Shimmer All-Over Illuminator in #05 Gold Nuance



I was just about ready to get rid of this highlighter block then I swatched the shades separately and thought they'd look amazing as eyeshadows. I only really use the two at the top because they're great as base shades. I mostly use this in the day if I want to cheat brighter eyes without looking like I have shadow on. The shimmer is only just visible and most people seem to think I only have mascara on those days.



MAC Next to Nothing and Paradisco



Next To Nothing is part of my Tempting Quad and it was my HG eyeshadow before I went on a pinker, shimmery-er route with Silk Teddy. This and the palest shades from the Bourjois Effet Lumiere, Dior 5 Couleurs, and The Face Shop Illuminator are incredibly similar, but the texture and lasting power of Next To Nothing is undeniably better. I bought Paradisco along with Esspresso earlier this year and have not gotten around to using them. Paradisco is so pretty I keep wanting to save it. It's a coral shade with gold shimmer and I cannot get over how beautiful it is.



Urban Deacy Naked 1 Palette



Virgin, Sin, Sidecar, and Toasted are the shades that really drew me to this palette. I use Sin and Toasted the most. On my Too Faced palette, Silk Teddy is sort of a lighter version of Sin and Toasted is a lighter version of Push-Up. I have the same fallout problem with Sidecar as I do with Nude Beach and consequently, don't use them as often. Along with the Paradisco-Esspresso duo, I just tend to swatch and stare lovingly at these eyeshadows.  All the women in my family have this habit of saving good stuff for later and sometimes they get old in the process. So call it a New Year's resolution: I WILL USE THESE EYESHADOWS IN 2015. 

(Top to Bottom - Virgin, Sin, Sidecar, Toasted)

NYX  Retractable Eye Liner in #08 Silky Cashmere



Lastly, I wanted to include this rose gold eyeliner. Originally, I thought I could use it on my lower waterline (which I do sometimes) or as an aegyo-sal shimmer (which I don't do), but my favorite use for it has been as a second eyeliner to go where a black line has ended along the eyelid. A sort of eyeliner for my eyeliner. It's also great as an eyeshadow if you blend it in before it dries. It's very long-lasting because it is a waterproof eyeliner, but if you don't apply it evenly it does get bumpy. 



I have far too many pink or pink-toned eyeshadows. I don't understand why, but I've been drawn to them for almost as long as I've been wearing makeup. I once had a photoshoot with my friend Sephie of Strawberry Bunny when we were High School seniors and she let me use her makeup. When it was time to shoot she wondered where I got pink eyeshadow because she did not have any and I didn't bring any makeup. I told her I used what turned out to be her blush. 

The champagne shades came a little later when I discovered how into pearly eyeshadows I was and that grew into a fixation in its own right. I love me a light gold glittery eyeshadow. It's right in between being subtle and standout. No story to go with this, just grabby hands reaching for them whenever I could.

 I suppose when it came down to it, what I love most about these colors is that they can be bright and bold or beautifully understated. They take you from day to night and go with almost anything. I see myself wearing these shades at fancy get-togethers and lower key dinners. I suppose what I mean to say is they're versatile. Evidently, my love affair with these colors has yet to peak because I still find myself lusting after similar shades and trying out these colors in things like highlighter and nail polish too.

I'll end this post by saying I hope you have a nice time tonight and tomorrow at your big parties and quiet nights in. Merry Christmas!



P.S. Here's how my eye makeup turned out~ used Sin, Toasted, and a bit of Half Baked from the Naked 1 palette. I also used the Maybelline 24 Hr Gel Liner and Fairydrops Film Type Mascara




You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Lol I remember that shoot in high school so well to this day! XD I've been using the pink blush as eye shadow ever since you did so, haha! I'm honestly hesitant to get myself the UD palettes since I know for sure I won't be using all the shades in it, and I sorta feel bad when I don't get to use the other shades and I finish the ones I'mma use more often. Although the shimmery-metalic-but-a-bit-creamy-look it gives is tempting me otherwise @_@ This is why I'm dying to search for simpler shadow palettes (that won't make my wallet cry) like the one in Tony Moly for everyday use (since I don't do night-time makeup at all, lol). Too Faced and Mac look really good though :o

    PS: Merry Christmas BB! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huuuuuge fan of the Too Faced palette so I really recommend checking out their other ones~ With Mac, you can create your own palettes using individual shadows if you do it in another country (they don't have them here :/) so you can make sure the shades in it are ones you really will use ^^

      Delete
  2. EYESHADOWS! Hehe I happily take the blame ^^ I love that NYX eyeliner and the Bourjois palette <3 getting a bit into pink-ish eyeshadows too - might I suggest MAC Cranberry? >:)

    ReplyDelete