Welcome to our website !

Review: Clinique Moisture Surge & Moisture Surge Intense

By Tuesday, January 06, 2015 ,

Happy new year everyone! I feel like it's been a while since I posted a review so I thought it would be
good to do one on a pair of products I've been meaning to write about for a while. 


Name: Clinique Moisture Surge 
Net Weight: 15.00 ml/0.5 oz.
Price: (currently) HK$49.00 (upon pruchase) HK$38.00
Purchased at: SaSa Haiphong Road TST


The original moisture surge has a very light gel texture which I absolutely love. Gel textures generally feel less heavy and get absorbed quicker into the skin. This is definitely true of this product. I use it as a pre-makeup moisturizer and I do not need to wait long or pat it in too much before I can start the rest of my routine. On me, it gets absorbed quickly and leaves no residue, but a few people who I've swatched this on have found that it can leave a slight film if you have smaller pores or if your skin is not as elastic. 


It's a god send for people with normal to slightly dry skin. More than just moisturized, my skin feels nourished and a lot of puffiness is toned down. It has a lot of anti-inflamatory and anti-oxidant ingredientsIt also has ingredients that renew cells and prevent the formation of free radicals. These include vitamin E, linoleic acid, camomile extract, and green tea extract. I will say though that I really don't like how it smells. It has a chemical scent in the tub and seems more like a medicine-type thing than a beauty product. It is also quite expensive for a moisturizer (75ml is Php 2,600 at Rustan's and I think HK$ 499 at DFS).

Name: Clinique Moisture Surge Intense 
Net Weight: 7.00 ml/0.21 oz.
*Gifted



The most noticeable difference between Moisture Surge and Moisture Surge Intense is the consistency. Intense has a thicker, heavier consistency and consequently it stays on the skin surface longer. It can also get quite sticky and needs a lot of time and patting in for it to absorb properly. Additionally, base makeup gets greasier with this underneath it.


That said, it does retain moisture for much longer, though it doesn't feel quite as nourishing as Moisture Surge. It has a lot of the same ingredients, but has more silicone and much less green tea extract. Intense also has a stronger chemical smell to it than the original. That said, this was formulated for dry to extremely dry skin. I feel like it would also be better if used in dry, cold weather.

I really like the ingredients in both items as they do a great job of hydrating the skin as well as provide anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and renewing benefits. Though I think the proportions of the ingredients are better in Moisture Surge. The lighter consistency is also a definite plus. I honestly prefer the original formulation because I don't really need something quite as strong as the Intense formula, at least not for everyday use. Moisture Surge Intense isn't something I would purchase, but I think I will still keep it for dry skin emergencies. Moisture Surge on the other hand is a product I've really come to love and need and I am very pleased to say that I finally got a tub of the full sized version (it's on it's way to being in my hands at least!)

TL;DR

Moisture Surge
+ normal to dry skin, very light gel texture,  absorbed quickly, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, renewing ingredients, makeup goes on smoother, nourishing
- may leave a slight film, has a chemical smell, expensive

Moisture Surge Intense
+ dry to extremely dry skin, good for dry cold weather, retains moisture for much longer
- thicker, heavier consistency, does not get absorbed quickly, sticky, base makeup gets greasier, stronger chemical smell, expensive


You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Moisture Surge sounds amazing :c I wish I wasn't allergic to Clinique things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw :( It's upsetting that it doesn't live up to the "Allergy Tested" claim

      Delete
    2. Allergies are hard to cover I think :c hehe maybe you can do a comparative review for the Water Bank Essences someday though ouo

      Delete
    3. Now there's an idea~ thank you poreen!

      Delete
  2. Review: Clinique Moisture Surge & Moisture Surge Intense. Happy new year everyone! I feel like it's been a while since I posted a review so I ... cliniquesurge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete