Welcome to our website !

Favorites: July 2014

By Saturday, August 02, 2014 , , , , , , , , , , ,


It’s hard to believe that July is over! This month I veered towards more natural looks versus my usual heavy eyeliner or bright lips. These products really helped achieve that and were incredibly quick and easy to apply. A definite plus since I could never wake up early enough and always rushed through my morning routine. Without any more further ado, here are my July Favorites!

Bourjois Cream Blush in #04 Sweet Cherry

I absolutely love this product. The color is gorgeous and very natural. I never used to like blush because all I had were powder blushes and they dried up the skin on my cheeks. The cream blush doesn’t cake or cause dryness, which is fantastic and a little does go a long way. I tried liquid cheek tints before too and I found them somewhat difficult to control and took too much time to apply and perfect. The Bourjois Cream Blush extremely easy to apply and blend even if I’m in a hurry or applying makeup in a car.


Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm in #14 Curvy Candy

My friend Ren gave this to me a few months back and I’d been using it on and off. Recently it’s become a makeup bag staple. It’s super easy to just glide on and I like the heft of it. It’s longer than your usual lip balm and I like that it feels like a giant crayon (is that weird?) The color is sheer, but buildable and it doesn’t feel heavy or look too gloopy when you apply more.


The Face Shop Flebote White Crystal Effect Essence

I got this last February and I’ve recently reincorporated it into my makeup routine. I say makeup not skincare because I mix this with whatever base I’ve chosen for that day. It makes the consistency a lot more moisturizing and a lot thinner. I especially like mixing it in with concealer as it helps prevent it from looking cakey especially on the under-eye area. It also makes the concealer easier to blend.


VDL Tint Bar Triple Shot in #502 Triple Burgundy

I first saw this product in PONY’s Krystal Rum Pum Pum Pum makeup tutorial and I was so excited to see it at the VDL counter. I can’t be too sure, but I think this color has been discontinued. This was one of the ways I used to cheat the lip gradation look, but recently I’ve been mixing all the colors together when I use it and it makes a really nice raspberry shade. The product itself looks really unique and interesting on top of that, it smells amazing.


Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette

I cannot stress how much I love this palette. My friend Gaby recommended this to me after I whined about how badly I needed good neutral eye shadows. The matte neutral shades apply beautifully and are very pigmented with or without primer. I also like that there is one shimmery shade for highlighting the brow bones and the center of the eyelids. I especially love how small it is and that it comes with a mirror, which makes it incredibly travel-friendly. It does not, however come with a brush or have a brush compartment. Though this doesn’t bother me quite so much because of how easy they are to apply and blend even with just fingers.



Everything here was such a staple this month and always managed to make its way into my makeup bag and will likely remain so until the season changes. Most of these are still relatively new so they’ll last me quite a long time.

Wow! This post turned out longer than I expected. Even so, I could probably go a little more in-depth and review some of these products later on. I’m also thinking of doing a post about lip products some time soon so watch out for that!

You Might Also Like

0 comments