Welcome to our website !

Review: Bioderma Sébium H2O

By Saturday, July 19, 2014 , ,

Name: Bioderma
Shade: Sebium H2O
Net Weight: 500.00 ml & 100.00 ml
Price: HK$125.00 & SG$ 12.00
Purchased at: Bonjour TST, Watsons Marina Bay Sands


I was in the market for a new makeup remover back when I was in Hong Kong in April and I had heard quite a bit about Bioderma's Sébium H2O. I was not so keen on buying it at first because it came in huge 500ml bottles and cost HK$125 at Bonjour. However, I do not regret buying the large bottle at all. It was well worth the money and I've used it a lot. I loved it so much that I could not resist buying a travel-sized 100ml one from a Watsons' store in Singapore for about SG$12 or maybe even less than that. 



I used to think nothing short of an oil-based remover could clean gel eyeliner and waterproof mascara off effectively. For the most part I have given up oil-based removers in favor of Bioderma's Sébium H2O. Not only was it able to remove tough, longwearing makeup, it did so without irritating my eyes or leaving residue which oil-based removers tend to do. It also left my skin feeling really clean, but not tight and dry. 



I soak a cotton ball or a cotton pad with Bioderma's Sébium H2O and then rub it very gently on my face using circular motions to remove the makeup. I usually need to do this twice or thrice to make sure I get absolutely everything off. 

When I'm removing eye makeup, I soak a flattened cotton ball or a cotton pad with it and place the cotton on my eyes and massage it about 2 minutes. I didn't think it would work as well as it did, but when my eye makeup just slid off I couldn't be happier to be wrong.




I do find that there is still a tiny bit of makeup left over on my lashes and on my waterline. So I would use the reverse side of the cotton I just used and sandwich my lashes between it for a minute and the mascara would slide off as well. For the waterline, I take a cotton bud, soak it then run it along my waterline and lashline to remove what little is left. After cleansing a lot of people say that you're pretty much done, but I wash my face, tone, and moisturize.

Whenever I travel I'm always worried about my liquid toiletries leaking or popping open mid-flight. I'm very happy to say I don't have that problem with this product at all. Liquid does not leak out even if the cap is just a pop on and the breakaway closure on top is very secure.

On the negative side it is scented and that might irritate other people's skin and eyes. The nozzle is also quite wide and I sometimes end up using more than I need. Also, while this has a really good bottle with a good cap, it might be difficult to refill the travel sized bottle because the cap does not come off very easily. Aside from that it is not readily available in the Philippines.

While I would definitely repurchase this, I’m considering trying out the Créaline H2O for sensitive skin. My skin type is more combination in the summer and drier in the colder seasons. The Sébium H2O is perfect for me right now and I don’t really need the sebum control later in the year.

TL;DR
+ Effective, Gentle, Works on Longwearing Makeup (gel, waterproof, etc.) Not Oil-Based, No Residue, Does Not Dry Your Skin, No-Leak Packaging, Travel Safe
- Scented (may cause irritation), Wide Nozzle, Packaging is Hard to Refill, Not Available in the Philippines




You Might Also Like

0 comments