Welcome to our website !

About

By Sunday, July 13, 2014 ,

Hi!

I'm Alexandra (Alex for short~) and this small part of the internet you have just stumbled upon is my makeup blog! At the urging of certain friends and my current state of idleness, I'm going to endeavour to write about makeup, skincare, possibly hair and nail stuff as well. I am by no means an expert or professional at writing or makeup or skincare or anything really and I'd like it if you could see me as a fellow aficionado who is getting to know the world and certain things in it that interest me.

This blog is called, "The Red Eye Liner" because...

1. Most of the time when I travel I end up taking red-eye flights or flights that leave and arrive at ungodly hours resulting in sleep deprivation and (yep!) red eyes. 

2. I happen to love, love, love eyeliner. It was the first makeup that I really made an effort to "be good at" (I use this term loosely because sometimes I mess up~).

3. More than that, red eyeliner one of my favorite looks. It sounds odd, but trust me when you do it right, it really works

4. In a small way it's also an o'mage to Sympathy for Lady Vengeance (친절한 금자씨, 2005), which is part of my favorite film trilogy. 

Makeup and skincare are things I started being really interested in at university, but I've been playing with things in my mom's makeup drawer and toiletry bag since I was a toddler (much to her amusement and dismay). I see makeup as art and the best part about it is you can wear it, you can live in it, but it is also temporary like many things that are beautiful. As far as content goes I'll be doing a few hauls, reviews, and maybe even tutorials.

I don't know if I will ever be able to follow a posting schedule, but I promise to post at least twice a month. Leave me a comment if you think there is a product you think I should try or a post you would like to see and I'll have a good long think about it before I eventually give in and get around to it~

Thank you so much for stopping by and talk to you again very, very soon!


You Might Also Like

0 comments