Welcome to our website !

Review: Cheng Lan Bellina Mask Whitening Creatment

By Monday, August 25, 2014 , ,

Name: Cheng Lan Bellina Mask Whitening Creatment 

Net Weight: 30.00 g / 1.05 oz
Price: NTD 100.00


A dear, dear friend came back from Taiwan recently and brought me back this Cheng Lan Bellina Mask Whitening Creatment. She loved using it and raved about how wonderful it was, which naturally made me curious. I’m not incredibly particular about my sheet masks because I tend to think they’re all generally the same. They come in a box of five and retail for NTD 100.00. Initially this mask seemed run-of-the-mill and I did not feel any real difference when I first used it. To be fair, I tried it on the first time after a night out and very little sleep so my skin was not in very good condition. However, this got my dull and dehydrated my skin back to normal. I attribute that to the Vitamin A in this mask, which helps normalize skin functions. The effects weren’t spectacular, but it did a good job of repairing a fair amount of damage.


The second time I tried it my skin was in far better condition. I had gotten more sleep and my skin had been properly cleansed and moisturized, but it was a bit dull and I still had some puffiness from having just woken up. I put the mask in the refrigerator a few days before so it was nice and cold when I put it on. This probably helped remove a lot of the puffiness as well. The effects of the mask were definitely more visible the second time around. My skin felt fresher, softer, and smoother after I had taken it off and massaged the remaining product in. It was still in very good condition about six hours later when I washed my face and put makeup on. I also noticed that my primer absorbed better and cream blush went on more smoothly and did not fade as much. Usually, after about eight to twelve hours the blush is barely visible, but it stayed on the whole evening and well into the night. I did not see the whitening effects it claimed to have, but that would probably be best seen with regular use.



What I found interesting about this mask was how few ingredients it had. Most sheet masks I’ve seen list upwards of fifteen ingredients, this one however only has five. The Phalaenopsis Bellina (Beautiful Orchid) extract is the most heavily featured. Orchids are used in Chinese medicine for a number of reasons; one of these is to replenish moisture as some species contain a lot of amino acids, which this mask lists in its ingredients. Other than that, it adds fragrance. I was really interested in the fact that the Bellina Mask had Hyaluronan or Hyaluronic Acid. It’s a very good anti-ageing ingredient that lubricates and helps cushion skin. It’s naturally occurring in the human body, but is depleted as you grow older. As I mentioned earlier this mask has Vitamin A that helps your normalize your skin functions. It also has Aloe Extract, which is great for healing and moisturizing skin as well.

On the whole I’m pretty satisfied with this product. It has so much liquid in it as well. I folded up the mask itself and put it back in the bag and reused it a few days later and it was still very moisturizing and the mask was still soaked through. There is not much to say against it except that there are probably better masks with more pronounced effects, but by and large this is a very good sheet mask. 


TL;DR

+ Normalized dull and dehydrated skin, makeup absorbs better, glides on smoother, and lasts longer after use, has anti-ageing and healing ingredients, lots of liquid inside
- Did not see the whitening effects, effects were not super evident


You Might Also Like

0 comments