Welcome to our website !

Review: Bourjois Cream Blush

By Monday, August 25, 2014 , ,


Name: Bourjois Cream Blush
Shade: 04 Sweet Cherry
Net Weight: 2.5g/0.08oz 

Price: SG$ 20.00
Purchased at: BHG Bugis



I got this in Singapore a few months ago and I had this in my July favorites and it will probably continue to be one of my favorite bits of makeup for a very long time. I was supposed to get one of the classic Little Round Pot of Blushes (#54 Rose Frisson in particular), but I was a little put off by how shimmery they turned out to be. Right next to them were the Cream Blushes and I fell in love with them. I purchased it in #04 Sweet Cherry for SG$20.00.


It is a warm pinky coral that isn’t too orange and is a bit blue-toned. You can really control how pigmented you want it to be and it is not hard to build up the color. My favorite thing about it is how wonderfully natural it looks. There is no shimmer in the product and after you blend it out it looks as though you’re blushing from within. Unless you really lay it on thick or layer a powder blush on top of it, it’s very difficult to tell that that you do have blush on and are not just blushing.

I love how blendable it is! It is easy to apply and equally as easy to blend out or fix if I apply a little too much. I used to have such a difficult time with cheek tints because of how little play-time you get with the liquid. Despite it being more solid, the Bourjois Cream Blush is not at all cakey. The texture is so soft that it almost feels like frosting and it glides on so smoothly. It has cream-to-powder technology to thank for that. It does not dry out the skin on my cheeks, which is a problem I’ve always had with powder blushes. I’ve found it looks fantastic on dewy skin because it does not mattify the area allowing the glow to shine though.

(1. 1 swipe -  blended, 2. 1 swipe - not blended, 3. 2 swipes - blended, 4. 2 swipes - not blended)

It also stays on a great deal longer than powder blushes. However, it does fade after about five or six hours (less if it’s a cool day or you’re staying indoors.) To keep it from fading too fast, I like to layer on a powder blush to help it set better. I’ve been using YSL Blush Variation in #3. It adds two hours to the staying power and enhances the color.


The packaging is portable and is about the same size as their individual eye shadows.  The color of the pot matches the blush and I really like that the number is printed on the front. There is a small mirror on the inside, which is great for when you need to apply makeup on-the-go! I also like how much control you have since the best way to really use this is with fingers. However, it is not very hygienic to be picking up product with your fingers and this might cause breakouts if you aren’t careful. I always make sure my fingers are clean before I use it and that helps, but I won’t be surprised if I start breaking out when this pot gets older.


All in all, this is a lovely product that I am completely in love with. I never used to wear blusher very often until I got this and now I cannot go out without it on. While I do use this product almost everyday, I don’t need a lot at any given time so this will probably last me another four months or so before I need to buy another one. I would repurchase this no questions asked. Here it is in action:


TL;DR
+ Natural finish, blendable, buildable, does not cake, does not dry/mattify skin, portable

- Fades after 5-6 hours, not hygienic






You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I want this blush so bad like you don't even know </3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently, Watsons in HK carries Borjois o u o

      Delete