Welcome to our website !

THE MAKEUP BAG: THE KNOWING WHAT WORKS KIT

By Monday, June 08, 2015 , , , , , , , , , ,


Hello, everybody! This May Makeup Bag has been a long time coming. Sephie of Just Sephie Rojas was one of the first people I approached about this project. We finally got to talk about it after several failed attempts (read: we would meet up, remember we should talk about it, then get distracted haha). Sephie and I have been friends for ten years and I have to say that in that time she does not look like she has aged a day. She has always had a bright and youthful look and I got to learn more about how she maintains and achieves this.

Sephie really is not into putting on lots and lots of makeup. "Cleansing and moisturizing are what I normally focus on. I think if you have a good base, you don't need to put much gunk on to make yourself look 'prettier.'




" 

Skin matters so much, and looking naturally younger is the main goal. I have been blessed with a youthful look which I am incredibly grateful for, and I make sure to stay within the boundaries I'm given. Like I said, I'm a huge fan of the 'no makeup' makeup look and looking fresh, because I know that's what suits me best.









"


Aside from the Maybelline Pressed Powder, Sephie really doesn't bring any base makeup with her. Choosing instead to make room for moisturizers and skincare.


Nature Republic Soothing & Moisture Aloe Vera 92% Soothing Gel (Decanted)
-     "I don't really think it's sticky. Actually I think it's easily absorbed into my skin after a few rubs, which is why I love applying layers of it onto my elbows and knees.  I do prefer gel formula over cream or liquid formulas since gel doesn't necessarily feel sticky. Creams usually feel oily and sticky when they dry. Liquids tend to spill and evaporate too fast so I get to consume it too much too fast and that gets pretty expensive in the long run.








"

-  
Etude House Aloe Moistful Misturizing Cream
-     "Since my skin type is combination-dry (dry U-zone + oily T-zone), it gets kinda challenging to strike the right balance of makeup used on my face. My skin is also pretty sensitive so I was really happy to finally find my moisturizer that doesn't stings my face, nor irritates it, but it still does its job well."


-     "Epiduo is my 'go away pimple' cream. it's really strong so it has to be prescribed by a derma for you to use.




 I use it twice a day especially on inverted pimples since it's that strong, it tends to dry my skin if used too much too often.








"


Maybelline The Falsies Mascara
Though Sephie really is all about the skin, she does not shy away from products that help enhance her natural beauty. "I limit myself with eyeliner, mascara, naturally defined eyebrows, and lipstick. I'm a huge fan of the 'no makeup' makeup look.




 Less is definitely more for me.









"


-     "I used to love doing gradient lips, and the Etude House Rosy Tint Lips (in Before Blossom) is a pretty nice item to use to achieve just that. But gradient lips tend to take so much longer to apply, so nowadays I just do a full lip look instead.








"


Etude House Perfect Brow Kit
-     "I like using powder since it's easier to build up than with light strokes of a pencil. I use an angled brush to make more defined but still natural-looking feathered strokes using the brow powder that doesn't look too strong and gives my brows a natural softer finish than what a pencil could give.








"
-  

MAC Black Track Gel Liner
-     "Tips for applying gel liner? I prime my eyes with eye primer first, then wait for 30 secs before applying powder over my eye lids and blending it properly so it doens't look weird or cakey.
 As for actual application of the liner: First, I draw the wing tip on both outer corners of my eyes. This way, it's easier to see if they're balances and aligned properly."

      Next, I know they said you shouldn't do this, but I still do it (lightly/with not much pressure), I close my eye then stretch the outer corner so my eyelid is stretched, then with the use of the gel liner brush, I do small back and forth strokes starting from the middle part of my lash line towards the outer corner of my eyes, then from the middle part again towards the inner corners. Although I don't completely line till my inner corner, I usually feather it lightly so its ends will blend properly at the inner 1/3 of my eyes. Then I connect the inner wing tip to the lash line for either a cat's eye or a puppy eye look.








"
-    
In Sephie's book, makeup is less of the key point and more of an "accessory." She goes on to say that, "It's not supposed to be the main attraction to your overall look, but it can make or break your look when done right or wrong. Makeup is supposed to enhance your natural beauty."

I have tried experimenting with different makeup looks. I tried falsies, shadows, liners, lipstick shades, etc., in the end, I realized that what works for me doesn't necessarily work for everyone else and vice versa. Like with fashion, just because it's a trend now doesn't mean it's for everyone.









" I completely agreed with this point. Sephie's makeup philosophy really boils down to knowing how to keep it simple, knowing your face, and knowing what looks good on you. And really, when you keep that in mind, you cannot go wrong.










P.S. Sephie and I with a couple of our friends at a birthday party from way back when.



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Waah!! I'm so glad with how this turned out!! <3333 Thank you so much for the feature, BB!! And lol, we've been friends for so long na pala hahahaha! Grabe that last pic is an insane throwback photo! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the interview(s) :D And yes! a LOOOOONG time :)) So glad the nene days have gone away XD

      Delete