Welcome to our website !

Making Eyes

By Friday, June 12, 2015 , , , , , , , ,


Hello Everybody! 

I really like playing with my makeup. While I do have my staple looks and I do own way too many neutral eye shadows, I've always had fun experimenting with color particularly on my eyes. Partly because it's easy enough to get away with, but mostly because it's out there, but not totally esoteric.

I am extremely pleased that colored eyeliner has come back on the runways and magazines for this year. I have always been a huge fan of colored eyeliner (if my blog title didn't make that plenty obvious haha) and as a result of this I've amassed a bit of a collection. It has dwindled down somewhat after I gave away a few pieces and threw out old ones, but today I want to show you some of what has remained. 

A few of these are from my mom's collection as well because I tend to borrow a lot of them. The colored eyeliner look I tend to go for is the one my mom and her sisters wore all throughout my childhood and continue to do now. It's the two-layer eyeliner: first layer is a black all around the eyes with a flick, the second layer is a sort of out-line or eyeliner for your eyeliner with a colored liner

I won't talk about all of them because that would make this a very lengthy post indeed, but I will tell you a little about my absolute favorites.



Jessica Automatic Lip & Eye Liner Pencil in #18 Dewberry

Starting off with something that has been featured many, many times before on this blog (almost to the extent that it should be called The Dewberry Eyeliner). It is a reddy violet shade that is still a little too blue to be burgundy. It always looks incredibly polished on it's own, but looks even better when worn with a golden eye shadow or liner.


NYX Retractable Eye Liner #08 in Silky Cashmere

Another frequently featured favorite is this gorgeous rose gold eyeliner. This was a really good purchase as I have found multiple uses for it. It makes a great eyeliner for your eyeliner especially for a very simple chic look. It also looks really good along the waterline or in the inner corners for brightening your eyes. If you move quickly enough, it also makes a lovely eyeshadow when blended with fingers and it sets really fast.


Clio Gelpresso Waterproof Pencil gel Liner in #15 Bloody Devil

A new love for me. I bought this in Hong Kong a while back and it was in my New Year New Things post. I bought this after I threw out a red liquid eyeliner that had gone lumpy. I wasn't such a fan of the glitter or the formula at first, but oh my god it is gorgeous. It really adds drama to a simple liner look, but you will need a black liner along your lashline first. 


Peripera Saturday Night Liner in #4 Thursday Ocean

I am a big fan of a solid blue cat eye (especially for going to parties) and this was just the thing to use. You get so much more precision for a cat eye with a liquid liner than a pencil. It was a great going-out-makeup item because when it sets it stays on for HOURS. I've also used it above a black cat eye and in the inner-v with a bronze cat eye. I love the shade as well, it's a metallic neon blue and it gives of an Aztec feel when paired with gold shades.


Rimmel Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer in #230 Deep Ocean

Speaking of solid blues, this is a drop dead gorgeous sapphire blue shade that I love stealing from my mom. It looks amazing and really brings out the brown in my eyes. Like the Peripera, it goes really well with golden liners and shadows, but is incredibly chic on its own. With a blue this dark, you don't really need a black line to define the lashes or much else really. It also looks good on most complexions as blue brings out the best in a skin tone.


It's amazing how many new colors and formulas are out there for eyeliner. Lots of companies from the road brands to the high end have really gone out of their way to broaden their range of hues. So I am very sure there is a shade or two or five out there for everybody. What are your favorites?





You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Such a lovely post coming from you hehe :> that Peripera liner is beautiful! Also, you take the best swatch photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of hope we do a shoot soon just so i have a legitimate excuse to wear as many as possible in one day XD many kamsas orz

      Delete