Welcome to our website !

Half A Dozen Dusky Roses

By Friday, February 05, 2016 , , , , , , ,


Hello everyone~

For a while now I've had a sneaky suspicion that I was drawn to certain colors in my makeup. I suppose we all are, but have you ever unconsciously gravitated toward a shade so much so that you start to own several things in the practically the same shade?  


I noticed all my eyeshadows were near identical, a few years on, I noticed the color fixation has migrated from the eyes to the lips. Because, ladies and gentlemen, I have not one, not two, but six rosey nude lip products.


VDL Tint Bar Triple Shot in #502 Triple Burgundy

I had to get myself a new one because my old one had melted. The consistency is so balmy and light and it never feels heavy and high maintenance. I love this thing and if I were to be perfectly honest, it's more of a raspberry than a rose, but it is included in this group because the tint it leaves blends into my natural lip color and it ends up looking like its rosey-in-the-tin cousins. If this ever melted, I'd go out and get a new one again.


Clinique Chubby Stick in #04 Mega Melon

This is a new one in my collection and was given to me by an aunt when she found out this was the sort of color I was drawn to. This one is a little peachier than the others, color-wise. I suppose the best part about it is that it's a gigantic twist up pencil. I like taking it with me when I'm traveling because I don't have to worry about it getting damaged somehow in my bag even if it is a twist up. Great on-the-go product.

 

Lanc ome Rouge A Leveres Attraction in #319 Rose Impulsion

Oldie but a goodie, this one is. It's almost sheer if not for the tinge of pink and the light gold lustre it leaves behind. Quite moisturizing for a lipstick and despite how classy I feel when I use it (hi Lancome and your gorgeous packaging and upscale branding) it's a lazy-day lipstick. It's more on the baby pink side, but without the solid white base that leaves you looking too much like a Bratz doll.


Nars Satin Lip Pencil in Rikugien

This lovely mini was one of two in the Sephora birthday gift set I picked up. It's great as an all over color or just for lining the lips when I use the Kate Moss lipstick in this group. I am really starting to fall in love with the formula and how nicely it sits on my lips. My only real problem is that I do not own a Nars lip pencil sharpener or any sharpener that is this fat. I wish it was a twist up instead because it is tinycandy and sharpening it will make it even tiniercandy. 


Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss in #08

 On big important days when you have to worry about the paperwork you brought with you, how you're getting to where you're going, answering well and looking good, knowing that your lipstick will stay on and will look gorgeous is a godsend. Okay maybe that's exaggerating, but ticking lipstick off your long list is still a great thing. A true dusky rose, I feel like this shade has worked on everyone who has borrowed it from me for events, pictures, and interviews.


Kiko Intensely Lavish Lipstick in #01 Lusty Peony

This lipstick is one of those dream-come-true type things. I had it on my wishlist last year and it just so happened that Kiko opened a store here in Hong Kong so I got this with a great deal. Icing on the cake? It is an amazing lipstick. Satin finish with great pigmentation and opacity. Wears well for up to five hours without fading or feathering. It's creamy and is fairly moisturizing. On top of which, it was incredibly good value but looks and feels very premium on your lips and in the bullet. I could write a whole paragraph on that packaging. I love this, let's leave it at that.


Side by side, the differences between the shades are quite visible. It's a little like how in high school I would notice details like the color of someone's earings or the slightest change in skirt length when all of us in uniforms were supposed to look, well, uniform. On their own, however, these shades are nigh undistinguishable on my lips. Which brings forward the question, why the heck do I keep them all instead of picking a favorite and dumping the rest? 

I really couldn't tell you why. I feel like as soon as I get rid of one of them, I'll probably get my hands on another lip product just like it. I'd love to wax poetic and convince you that each one makes me feel different when I wear one, but it really isn't the case. It's more like, on some days I'll chose one or the other. Other days I go with the one that happens to be in my makeup bag. I wish I knew why I keep choosing these colors, but I suppose we're all allowed quirky mysteries. I'll let you know if I amass any more dusky roses. 'Til then~ 




 

You Might Also Like

0 comments