Welcome to our website !

New Arrivals: New Year New Things 2016

By Sunday, January 03, 2016 , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


Long time no see!

I thought I'd start the year right by getting right back into blogging and what better way to do that than by showing you new some new acquisitions.



Some time in October, I went to Tokyo and I picked up a bunch of stuff. Most of them I'd given away as presents, but I kept these two for myself. I've been using the Rimmel Cream Cheek in 004 Sunkissed Cherry a lot and I really like how the formula toes the line between a liquid tint and a cream. It is quite sheer, but buildable, and the color is something like maraschino cherry syrup.

I also picked up the Canmake Gokubuto Mascara. I was in need of something new as my Fairydrops one had dried out and I picked this up because it had a sticker on it that says it won awards from Cosme. I've used it a couple of times and while I'm not a fan of a waterproof formula (too difficult to remove), I like how defined and nicely separated my lashes looked.


These Crabtree & Evelyn Nail Polishes in 801761 Apple/Rouge Sublime and 801721 Pomegranate/Prune and this Pomegranate, Argan & Grapeseed Hand Cream was gifted by an aunt of mine and it came in the cutest tin too! I haven't tried any of them yet though so I'll have to see before saying anything.


Not too long ago, Kiko Cosmetics opened their first store here in Hong Kong (quite possibly their first store in Asia).The prices were reasonable and I've only ever heard good things about Kiko, so I decided to give their stuff a go. I bought their Universal Fit Hydrating Foundation in Warm Beige 15 and two of their Creamy Color Comfort Lip Liners in 303 and 305. I'm waiting for the weather to get warmer before I give you my thoughts on the foundation. However, I have tried the red lip liner and it is very pigmented and long lasting.



They had the entire Rebel Romantic collection on display at the Kiko store and I just had to have this lipstick. You might remember the Intensely Lavish Lipstick in 01  Lusty Peony from my wishlist. It is absolutely gorgeous. I keep taking and out and staring at it and playing with the *gasp* magnetic lid. More on this as I get some use out of it.

I bought a few other pieces for some of my friends while I was at Kiko and my bill was something just over HK$330. The lady at the cashier told me I could pick out any item from the store with a star on it as a gift with purchase. I chose the Lucious Cream - Creamy Lipstick in 512 Plum which retailed for HK$79 and I got it for free. Great deal and a nice way to get people interested in their brand.


Over Christmas, I was in California with my family and I was given this cute set of mini eyeshadows from Bare Minerals in the shades Cultured Pearl (an incandescent pink), Blissful Pearl (a shimmery sand color), and Magnificent Pearl (a pearly taupe). I've never tried mineral makeup or loose eyeshadows so they should be very interesting.

I finally picked up my first real eye brow product! This is the Anastasia Brow Wiz in Chocolate. I've used it twice now and I've been liking it so far. It's hard to go overboard with this because the nib is so small. I particularly like the spoolie at the end that has very short bristles. Brilliant for blending in brow products.

 

These were a few small things I thought would be useful somewhere down the road. The Fresh Roll-on Perfume in Brown Sugar smells sweet, as you would expect, but not cloyingly so. It smells of something like cotton candy with an undertone of something fruity. I bought a Real Techniques Setting Brush for my friend and ended up getting one for myself. It's a great size and shape for under the eyes and for applying highlighter.



Hands down, the most extravagant thing I bought is the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit. This limited edition goes for US$80 + tax, but how pretty is this palette? I know I do not need three powders and I do not even use bronzer. I had every intention of ignoring it an chalking up my interest to all the hype and attention this baby got from all the bloggers and vloggers, but it was too beautiful. I went to Sephora thrice on my trip and each time, this baby called out to me with its siren song of marbled blushes, illuminating powders, and sleek chic packaging. It didn't help at all that the powders were so finely milled and the blushes were that pigmented. I fully intend to get my money's worth out of this and so help me I will hit pan!

Here's to hoping I blog more regularly this year (and I get lots of use out of all of this stuff haha). I also hope your year will turn out beautifully and that only good things come your way.



You Might Also Like

0 comments