Welcome to our website !

Current Face & Body Skin Care Products

By Thursday, September 17, 2015 , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Hello everyone!

Today I wanted to go into my skin care routine. This was brought about by the particularly good skin days I’ve been having and I think (hope and pray) they’re here to stay. 


My current cleanser of choice is the QV Face Gentle Cleanser. I’d been using this for years and years and I find the formula a little heavier and more moisturizing than something like Cetaphil. Once a week, I use the Ren Flash Rinse 1 Minute Facial after I wash my face at night. This stuff is amazing, it leaves the skin looking really healthy and feeling very smooth. It can be a bit tightening though and I'm not sure I'm a fan of that. 

The Skin Food Black Sugar Mask is supposed to be for the face, but I find it a little too strong on me. However it does make a really good body scrub and I’ve really enjoyed using this in the shower. It melts away after you scrub and smells amazing. Most days though I just use the fish-shaped silicone exfoliator. It’s softer than it looks so it does a good job of removing dead skin without being too rough.

On the face, I’ve been using Laneige Water Bank Essence_EX whenever I’ve needed moisturizing. I also like patting it into my skin over my foundation for extra moisture and a light glowing look. The Nature Republic Aloe Vera Soothing Gel is a little too thick and it doesn’t absorb so well on my face, but it is perfect for the body especially in the summer. I especially love using it after I shave my legs or exfoliate as it leaves everything feeling very supple.

When I feel like having a mask, I use a sheet mask or the Ren Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask. Not super fond of the smell, but it’s very good at making skin look plump, healthy, and glowy. When I don’t feel like using something as precious and expensive, I mix honey with olive oil (at a ratio of 2:1). It’s rejuvenating and really moisturizing and cheap, cheap, cheap.

I use the Murad Essential-C toner for days when I have break outs, making sure I only run it over the areas where the pimples and pigmentation are. My skin tends to get dry and patchy if I use this all over. This is more of a night-time thing as it does have vitamin C. I use Bioderma Créaline H2O to remove makeup. I used to use the Sensibio, which was too strong for me (read the review here). Shifted to the Créaline, loved it. I’m on my second bottle now!

Lastly, and I really felt this was worth a mention, is the Muji Cotton Puffs. To be perfectly honest, this was a splurge-y purchase (not all that expensive, but more than I would pay for cotton anyway). It is just cotton, but this is just so soft. I’ve had cotton pads that have felt abrasive when I rubbed them on my face, I don't have that problem with these. I justify this by thinking, “well, it’s 129 pieces and they’re soft af.”

Here's to more good skin days~


You Might Also Like

0 comments