Welcome to our website !

Stolen From Mom Tag

By Friday, October 24, 2014 , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,



My first encounters with makeup undoubtedly had to do with my mother and the pretty things she kept in and on her dressing table. I think this may be true for many people as well. This tag was sparked by the observation that I have a lot of makeup that I (shall we say) inherited.  I’ve picked up lots of makeup from my mom’s dresser over the years (and she has taken some of mine as well) and I thought it would be fun to talk about a few of them.

1. What is your favorite “stolen” piece?



Covergirl Queen Collection Lip Color in #Q415 Tawny Port



This is definitely one of my favorite lipsticks and my favorite wine shade. It’s a deep red with a very slight plummy undertone. It creates the best stains for every day and when applied well, looks really good for evenings or days when you feel like being more dramatic. It is very moisturizing, nicely scented, and long lasting as are many of my favorite lip products. My mom and I share this one and she takes it back when I’m obsessing over another lip color and I take it back when she doesn’t bring it with her when she goes away.

2. Do you have something of hers that she doesn’t know you have taken?

Two Faced Natural Eye Neutral Eye Shadow Collection



This was in my September 2014 favorites and it is still the palette I reach for the most. Silk Teddy is the prettiest thing and very few light ashy browns have beat out Velvet Revolver as my go-to contour shade. I took this from the box where my mom keeps all the new stuff she is saving for later or going to give away. I’ve had it for about a year now and I do not think she has noticed. Shhhh.

3. What item have you taken that you have not used?

Dior 1 Couleur Powder Mono Eyeshadow in #979 Grenache



It is a vibrant, blue-toned pink eye shadow. I think I took this because I thought it was a blush. It is very pretty with fairly decent color payoff. While it is beautiful, I am not too keen on blue-toned pinks as I prefer coral and orange-toned ones. I tried to give this one back, but my mom said I could keep it. She got it as a gift from her sister and wasn’t too fond of the color either. My mom and I are more into neutral eye shadows and colored eyeliners.

4. Is there something you have been meaning to return?

NYX Lip Smacking Fun Colors Lipstick in #LSS569 Snow White



Also a dark berry or wine shade. It has more plum in it that the Covergirl one and has a satin finish and is far less moisturizing. I really cannot do any lip that isn’t even a little glossy or hydrating because my lips can get really dry. It gets really bad with satin and matte finishes. My mom and I bought this together thinking it would be a good thing to switch out for the Covergirl one. It is a good alternative if you need a darker color, but definitely not if you need something moisturizing.

5. Are there things in your collection that you think she wants to steal?

RealTechniques Powder Brush and Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Original



When I got this brush I let my mom feel how super soft and fluffy it was. For a week after that she kept asking about it and looked like she would really enjoy using it. Well, her and my aunt and my cousin, who felt it as well. My mom felt the same way about my UD Primer Potion. After I got the Naked palette from her she asked for the four samples of Primer Potion that came after it and she has been using them and testing them all out. This was months ago and she still has them. She stored them very well and only uses the smallest amounts. She prefers the Original formula to the others and put this on her Christmas list. If I found either of these missing, I would know she probably borrowed them.

6. Do you have a makeup memory with your mom that you want to share?



I was a very young kid, (I would say baby because all children under six are babies to me), and I was making a card for my mom. I think I saw a cartoon where one of the characters put on lipstick and kissed a note. I got it into my head that I wanted to do that and so I went into her dresser and picked out a bright pink lipstick. I slathered it all over my lips and kissed the card and then I used the lipstick to write, “I love you, mommy.” My mom got home and I gave her the card and she kissed me and said thank you and then later added that I should make her another one, but with crayons. Haha~

7. Who do you want to tag?


I am tagging the lovely Pauline of CatPacking. She was really excited by this tag and to be honest, I really want to see more of the stuff she has in her collection. I also want to tag anyone else who wants to try this out. Write me a comment if you did!

I probably would not have been interested in makeup at all if it were not for my mom being quite good at it. I think that from now on I might indicate if something I’ve reviewed or included in a list has been, “stolen from mom.” I had a lot of fun digging through my makeup and writing this. I have a list of all the products down below. If you are interested, I will tell you as much as I can about any of them even the (sob) discontinued ones. 

Thanks for reading!





1. The Face Shop Illuminating Cushion Blusher in #02 Orange
2. Dior 1 Couleur Powder Mono Eyeshadow in #979 Grenache (Discontinued)
3. Urban Decay Naked 1 Palette
4. Jessica Automatic Lip & Eye Liner Pencil in #18 Dewberry
5. Jessica Automatic Lip & Eye Liner Pencil in #15 Violet
6. Boutique Lip Liner in #8
7. Yves Saint Laurent Blush Variation Fard Ã  Joues in #3 Caramel (Discontinued)
8. Majolica Majorca Skin Remaker Pore Cover SPF PA+ in Beige Ochre 10
9. Lancôme  Rouge a Lèvres Attraction in #319 Rose Impulsion
10. Dior Solo Dior Fard Ã  Paupiérs in #102 Gris Nuage Clouds (Discontinued)
11. Bourjois Smile Enhancing Gloss in #07 Beige Tapis Rouge
12. Boujois Smile Enhancing Gloss in #05 Framboise Hollywood
13. The Face Shop Baked Shimmer All-Over Illuminator in #05 Gold Nuance (Discontinued)
14. Majolica Majorca Shiny Highlight (Discontinued)
15. NYX Lip Smacking Fun Colors Lipstick in #LSS569 Snow White
16. Dior Rouge Diorever in #632 Actress Chestnut (Discontinued)
17. MAC Eye Shadow in Greensmoke (Lustre)
18. Dior 5 Couleurs (Name and number unknown, Discontinued)
19. Two Faced Natural Eye Neutral Eye Shadow Collection
20. Bourjois Effet Lumiere Trio D'Ombres Ã  Paupiérs in #48 Prune Royale (Discontinued)
21. Covergirl Queen Collection Lip Color in Q415 Tawny Port
22. Majolica Majorca Skin Lingere Pore Cover
23. L'Occitane en Provence Lipstick in #0141 Améthyste (Discontinued)


You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I did not know you had so many things from your mom *___* such eyecandy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this post <3 i also got the nyx lippie in snow white and i love it! keep it, okay??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Danie <3 You like it? I guess we look for different things in lipstick~ we need a discussion XD

      Delete
  3. This is such a cute tag! Might have to do it later :)

    Bf Gf Does Blogging

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Velveteen Rabbit (love, love, love this book by the way) :D I'll look out for it on your blog ^^

      Delete