Welcome to our website !

Favorites: September 2014

By Tuesday, September 30, 2014 , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,



The first of the -Ber months has come to an end! This month I was in and out of the country quite a bit and I did not want to carry too many products with me. At the same time, however, I really did not want to need makeup and not have it. The items I listed down below are a few of the essentials I packed with me that performed beautifully whenever I needed them.

Tony Moly Delight Circle Lens Mascara in #03 Clear Circle


It was a tough call leaving my black mascara back at home, but I decided to sacrifice mega long lashes in favor of a product with two uses. This clear mascara may not lengthen or thicken the look of my lashes, but it certainly helps keep them looking curled and defined. On top of that, this makes a pretty good clear brow gel as well. The best part about it was that I did not have to spend ages easing waterproof mascara off my lashes when I was dead tired at the end of the day.

C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Shine in #1122 Ultra


Don't we all get really dry lips after a flight? Mine are the worst. They peel and flake, but worst of all I get tempted to bite them, which only makes matters worse. This lip plumping gloss is the best. It has peppermint which not only tastes and smells amazing, it also helps keep my lips hydrated and full-looking. I take this with me everywhere and I always put it on right when I am just about to start putting my makeup on. So when I finally finish the rest of my face, my lips are moisturized and a lot of the gloss has sunk in and does not look gloopy and sticky.

BYS Synthetic Eye Shadow Blending Brush


This brush was an absolute steal at Php 300. It is super fluffy and the hairs do not fall out. It is also the perfect size for those of us with smaller eyes and creases because a lot of other brushes are too big and sometimes ruin the eye makeup as a result. This makes blending along the crease really easy and it is also really portable.

The Face Shop Illuminating Cushion Blusher in #02 Orange


Don't worry, I have not given up my Borjois Cream Blush yet. This is the blush I've been choosing to layer over it. It's a bright orangey pink shade. It has a little bit of shimmer in it so it is great for blush that's a little higher on the cheeks. It really helps brighten up dull skin because a little glitter makes you look fresher in the sunlight. I chose to bring this also because it had a little puff inside which meant I didn't need to bring a blush brush. (teehee)

Too Faced Natural Eye Palette


This has nine gorgeous shadows (six shimmers and three mattes) that brighten up the eyes even after a fourteen hour flight. It is a pretty versatile palette and I love the quality of the shadows. My favorite combination is Silk Teddy as an all-over color, Push Up on the outer corner and Cocoa Puff along the lash line. Velvet Revolver is great for putting in the crease and for contouring the nose as well. I avoided bringing anything too expensive because there was always the chance I would lose them, but I could not resist bringing this along.

K-Palette Real Lasting Eyeliner 24h in Natural Brown


Speaking of things I lost. I could not find the photo I took of my K-Palette eyeliner so I apologize for this stock image. Though it is a big improvement because all the text on mine has been rubbed out due to use. I'm a big fan of brown eyeliner because of how you get the definition you need without it being as ostentatious as a bold black line. I am also a fan of a brush tip because for as long as you hold it properly, it will not lose its point and become blunt or frayed. I loved using this along the lash line and for filling in spaces along the lash bed itself.

My makeup looks this time around were still a bit natural, but I definitely had a lot more shiny, glittery products on. I find that it really does help especially if your skin is a bit dry and lackluster from planes and jet lag. Nothing too fancy on this list, but I think it's a pretty good run down of what was essential to me when I'm forced to limit myself. I did not include a lipstick on this list though. I could not possibly choose from the six I brought with me, but I definitely believe it is incredibly essential as well.

 Hope you all had a good month! See you in my next post!







You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Where can you get the lip balm :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got mine at Bath & Bodyworks a long time ago~ they have C.O. Bigelow Apothecaries in the states I think

      Delete