Welcome to our website !

Fresh Summer Makeup

By Sunday, May 03, 2015 , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Hello everyone! Long time no see~ A bit of time has passed and we've gone from Spring to Summer in a flash. April has been a very busy month for what with me doing the work of four people on the weekdays. Plus I’ve been out every weekend of the last month as well to keep myself happy and sane. That said I really should apologize for the lack of activity on here, but I made it a point to post this twice this week to make up for it. 

In lieu of a favorites post this month (because really, I'm still using all the same stuff and it isn't so fun talking about it over and over again >_<) I thought I would show you the makeup look I'm trying out this season. It's just a quick post today, but I promise you I have something scheduled that's going up on this blog real soon!

It's a pretty simple look that's really light and the focus is really on looking fresh-faced. We're already well into the summer here and it goes up to 40° C or 104° F. Crazy hot! Even if you're just staying indoors, you really feel how high the temperature is is. Everyone feels oily, sticky, and more than a bit gross. This is why it was important to me to at least look like I felt fresh.
 
(please excuse the light >< nothing can make it look less warm when the sun is that strong #TheCurtainIsMyFilter)

After doing my base with my Borjois 10-hour Sleep Effect foundation in #72, I  mixed my Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone with some foundation for concealing my under eye circles. I also put it on the tops of my cheeks, the bridge of my nose, and on my brow bone. I powdered everywhere, especially on my temples, down the sides of my nose, and along my hairline using the Innisfree No-Sebum Mineral Powder with a Real Techniques Powder Brush to dispel greasiness in those areas.

Tided up my brows a bit with the Tony Moly Delight Circle Lens Mascara. I lined my eyes (mostly tight-lining and in between lashes) with my Dolly Wink Eyeliner and put on two coats of Eyeko Eye Do Mascara for definition and to wake up the eyes. I also put a bit of the bronzey shade from my unidentifiable Dior palette in the outer V with a BYS Synthetic Domed Shadow Brush.

For a bit of color I used my trusty Borjois Cream Blush in #04. And on my lips I layered Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet Lipstick in #37 L’Exubérante (borrowed from aunt haha) over my C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Shine.

Aside from looking fresh, the point was to look glowing not greasy.So for this look, I put very little on the eyes and spent more time bringing light and fighting shine on my face. To add a teeny bit of interest I popped on a bright lip color that was very warm and summery, but had enough cool notes in it to balance the warmth of the skin and the golden sheen from the highlighter and the eyeshadow. 


This look stays on the whole day for me. I've gone to concerts and out walking with this on and it still looks decent come night-time even if I applied this in the late morning. That said I still haven't found a way to beat the heat. Any tips besides air-conditioning and cold drinks? Stay cool this summer!


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. That lipstick is pretty ouo and I need to get my hands on that powder!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait for you to get Madmoiselle! AND YES THIS POWDER EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE IT

      Delete